Friday, Day 18 of the challenge was a rest day. So #gohardorgohome on Day 19 and Day 20!
We are going to #TBT and do the kettlebell workouts from Day 1 and Day 2. I want you to see how much your strength and endurance has improved since we started the challenge. For Day 19, you will do the workout from Day #1….and for Day 20, you will do the workout from Day #2. You can find the workouts on the first post from the 20 Day Kettlebell Challenge here! I also posted the workouts below to make it easy on you.
Day 19, Saturday, Upper Body Kettlebell #TBT Workout:
Day 20, Lower Body Kettlebell #TBT Workout:
Post your progress and workout results for this 20 Day Kettlebell Challenge below! Next month we will be starting a whole new challenge, so make sure you follow us to be a part of next month’s challenge!
Quick Tip: A fellow Brave Angel asked me the other day, “I workout, but I’m not quite sure how to sculpt my body, what can I do?” Here are five really important tips to help you sculpt your bod!
1. Diet is 80% of the equation. If you want to have a lean and sculpted body, you’ve got to watch what you eat! And I’m not talking about avoiding ice cream and sweets, I mean the macro-nutrient ratio of each meal (carbs-protein-fat). Carbs should be about 35-45% of each meal, protein should be about 30% of each meal, and fat should be anywhere between 10-20% of each meal. Carbs should be from unprocessed, unrefined, wheat free grains such as quinoa or brown rice, and you should keep these starchy carbs to a minimum. A majority of your diet/carbs should come from dark, leafy green veggies like Kale and Broccoli for example.
2. Protein and Weight Lifting is key when you are trying to sculpt and tone up! Don’t worry ladies, you won’t get bulky from lifting weights and eating protein. Females don’t have the hormones necessary to bulk up unless they are purposefully adding performance enhancing supplements to do so. Try to get in 1 gram of protein per goal body weight daily! So if I want to aim to be 130 pounds of sculpted and toned body weight, then I need to eat 130 grams of protein per day.
3. Eat moderate amounts of healthy fats. Your body needs fat to function, and will hold onto fat if you don’t eat enough healthy fat. Aim for about 15-20% of your daily caloric intake to be from healthy fats.
4. Cardio…How much and when? Only do between 25-45 minutes of cardio about 3x/week max. Too much cardio and you won’t be able to keep that lean, sculpted muscle you just earned by lifting weights! Also, too much cardio will make you want to eat like a beast and make it REALLY difficult to stick to your diet guidelines I just mentioned above. Fit your cardio in around your weight lifting days. Do cardio AFTER you lift weights or in a separate session of its own so you have enough stamina to get through your weight lifting sessions.
5. Weight Lifting. As for weight lifting, try to lift heavy weights 5 days/week. Alternate days. Meaning, focus on upper body muscle groups Day’s 1, 3 & 5 and lower body muscle groups on Day’s 2 & 4. This way you can really target those muscle groups and also give your muscles one day of rest.
Now, here are Day 16 & Day 17 of the 20 Day Kettlebell Challenge!
Below are the workouts for Day 11 and Day 12 of the 20 Day Kettlebell Challenge. You will be doing a full body workout both days. One workout will be geared towards giving you a cardio blast and one workout will be strength and endurance training. Here they are, enjoy!