High Intensity Interval Training, that’s where it’s at!
1. It only takes you 12 minutes to do this workout, 12 MINUTES!
2. Instead of only “burning calories” during your workout (like running does), you continue to burn for up to 36 hours post-workout, I like to call it a metabolic boost.
3. It’s a highly efficient workout technique because it not only helps you blast away fat but also helps you build lean muscle mass, and get nice & toned.
4. Because it is only 12 minutes, it helps you keep your sanity. Sometimes a 45 minute cardio & strength routine just seems too daunting to attempt. H.I.I.T workouts are perfect for those days that you are either in a rut, in a rush or just yearning for a change up in your daily workout routine.
5. H.I.I.T. routines are short because they are very challenging. When you’re about half way through each 4 minute segment, you may feel like you just can’t go on, well just push through it, one set of 20 seconds at-a-time, and you’ll get there!!! Just do your best & forget the rest.
Enough talking, now get to work!
Brave Angel – 12 Minute HIIT – Arms, Legs & Abs
This workout involves just three moves, that’s it!
- For each exercise move, you will do 8 rounds of the following interval:
- 10 seconds rest
- 20 seconds all-out max effort
- USE AN INTERVAL TIMER, it must be timed exactly. No more than 10 seconds rest or 20 seconds effort!!
- 8 rounds = 4 minutes
- Rest 1 minute before moving onto the next exercise move/4 minute HIIT circuit
- You will challenge yourself to hit 8-10 reps for each 20 second interval.
- I used two 15 LB. kettlebells, but feel free to use dumbbells, a barbell, or your dog….just make sure you choose a weight that you max out in 8-10 reps.
This workout takes 12 minutes, post your reps, weight used and how you did in the comment section below! I want to know your results!
- Kettlebell Thrusters: 4 minute HIIT circuit (10 secs rest, 20 secs max effort; 8 rounds)
- Pike Jumps: 4 minute HIIT circuit (10 secs rest, 20 secs max effort; 8 rounds)
- Kettlebell Scissor Crunch & Reach: 4 minute HIIT circuit (10 secs rest, 20 secs max effort; 8 rounds)
Push yourself, but remember, always modify any workout routine to your preference, skill level, and for your individual health & fitness goals.
Pin below “Workout Roadie” to your Pinterest board so that you can take this workout on the road with you to the gym or at-home!
Also, take a look at the newest additions to our Brave Angel Motivational Workout Clothing Line!